Mosaic art dates back to ancient times when they were used to create walls in the Islamic structures and religiously sacred buildings used for religious gathering, prayers and collective worshiping. Mosaic patterns are usually very vibrant, distinctive and unique to mesmerize your mind and eyes. Therefore, they are added to modern, Moroccan, Mexican and Bohemian inspired Kitchen decoration for a quick and cost-effective makeover.
Mosaic patterns, paintings, and abstract wall arts have always been popular among several cultures all around Middle East and European countries. Apart from Mosaic wall art, there existed Mosaic ceiling in the cathedral and Churches. Even floors would be crafted by using applying tesserae of pebbles and stones.
The Mosaic artworks were first found in Mesopotamian temple way back, sometimes in 3D millennium. Abstract pieces of art and crafts would be created by using tiny pieces of glass shards, sea shells, stones, pebbles and other materials collectively known as tesserae for creating Mosaic floral patterns, portraits, animals and religious figurines.
Mosaic makers would usually use tiny pieces of glass cut in geometric shapes such as square, round, rectangular, and oval, mix them with nicely cut pieces of stones and seashells for making creative artwork for indoor and outdoor decoration. Several ornate designs can still be found. However, now this art is left to practice for artists only, some people are now integrating mosaic art into their DIY projects. They make glistering work by using tissues, discs, and small sharks of glittery glass of different colors and patterns.
Mosaic for Kitchen Backsplashes
Today Mosaic Tesserae is being used for a variety of indoor and outdoor interior. It is used for making kitchen countertops, backsplashes, bathroom countertops, and accent wall decoration. If you have intended to go for Moroccan, Mexican, Boho, Gypsy and Islamic inspired Kitchen makeover, you may have to include at least one Mosaic wall (accent or behind the kitchen sink are) for adding a great sense of style in the interior.
Mosaic Tile Kitchen backsplashes are really famous these days, they come in different colors, sizes and patterns. You can also buy Mosaic sheets and cut them according to the dimension of the kitchen backsplashes, however, it would be good if you could get your hands on pre-cut Mosaic tiles. Choosing the right pattern is really important; some material available are pebbles, colored glass, Geometric glass shards, stones, seashells and ivory. There might be other material available in form of ready made Mosaic tiles. They are usually floral patterns, spirals, diagonal designs and textures that have laser cut designs.
Mosaic backsplashes VS Tile Backsplashes
This is really common confusion existing in mind of people these days, some believe that tile kitchen backsplashes are the best because they are easy to install. They are available in a variety of material like ceramic tiles are the most common ones, then there are porcelain, glass, marble, limestones, granite, and cement. It is all about personal priority though, if you want to settle for a unique kitchen makeover, you should opt for Mosaic backsplashes and wall art. They would completely transform your kitchen space within budget. Here are five reasons why you should go for Mosaic kitchen backsplashes.
- Mosaic wall art adds value to the space alone in the kitchen. Once you can have some backsplashes in place you would never have to add anything extra for improvising your kitchen interior.
- Unique decor fascinates everyone. Contemporary, modern and country kitchen decorations are so common, however, some elements can add a twist to the interior. Mosaic kitchen backsplashes may add elegance and style to the overall space and that is without your having to invest on expensive furniture.
- White backsplashes look boring, they create a very dull kitchen makeover. On the contrary, Mosaic tiles come in a variety of vibrant color, Moroccan and Mexican designs, they can add a unique flair even in a small spaced kitchen.
- Not only can you use glistering Mosaic for backsplashes but also for kitchen floor and accent wall that is behind kitchen sink or your cooking workstation.
- Here are some of the best mosaic kitchen backsplashes designs for giving you idea what type of artwork should be considered. source: pinterest.com