Garden Bed Ideas for Patio Lawn and Garden! Wooden, Concrete, Stone Beds
Spring is the most suitable season for indulging into some DIY gardening and planting projects. You can grow all the vegetables, kitchen herbs and plants in outdoor garden beds with ease. It is fun to have fresh fruits and vegetables in your garden, they are healthier than the ones you usually buy from the stores because they are organic.
Types of Garden Bed for Vegetables Fruits Plants
There are different types of gardening beds that you can choose for growing outdoor vegetable, fruits, plants and herbs of your choice. Before I share some ideas on different types of garden beds for garden, we should discuss a little about what type of fruits and vegetables can be planted in these beds.
Types of Outdoor Garden Beds
- The famous one is known as spiral herb bed, it is built for growing kitchen herb spices such as sage, thyme, rosemary, basil,oregano, tarragons and other cultivators of your choice that you wish to use for cooking. All sorts of herbs need direct sunlight along with air in order to grow nicely in good healthy. These herbs are planted in spiral garden bed outdoor.You need to use fairly shallow wooden, stone or concrete bed for growing these herbs and make sure to use healthy organic soil when you plant them.
- Clipping garden beds are used for growing the crops which grow outside taller and need to be pruned and trimmed when they are oversized. Some crops you can grow in the clopping beds are chives, dandelions, nasturtiums, mustard greens are some of the common vegetables you can grow in these beds. You may have to clip their parts such as leaves and flowers when they outgrow. For your faster growing vegetable gardening you must choose a pot that falls near the garden pathways.
- Behind the clipping vegetable/fruits beds you should make one small plucking bed for your vegetable gardens. Allocate this spot for planting and growing those species of herbs, fruits and vegetables which grow very fast, potentially taller than the ones you grow inside the clipping garden bed. Some common vegetables to grow in this area are broccoli, zucchini, spinach, coriander, kales and silverbeet. There are tons of other vegetables you can grow in this bed but more vegetables would mean you need more beds. You might not want to over crowd your garden.
- All sorts of beans, black-eyed peas, kidney beans, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, eggplants and potatoes should be planted inside narrow garden beds. They require a lot of sun light and air in order to produce good vegetables during the growth cycle. Some gardeners believe that it is more suitable for your such beds to be aligned according to the direction of sun light so they can absorb enough and produce a healthy crop. An ideal position for the placement of narrow vegetable, herb and fruit gardening beds would be north to south, they would receive ample light for a longer period of time. In order for these plants to grow healthy and fast, you must use good quality soil and mulch cover.
- Broad garden beds are placed further away from the narrow beds, they should be placed behind all the plants you have grown. In this beds, you can grow those species of herbs, vegetables and fruits which breed and grow slowly. For this bed planting you can choose cauliflower, cabbages, pumpkins and corns. You should consider planting some useful herbs that could make a boundary around the broad beds.
- Another type of gardening beds which are useful for growing grains, rice, oats, barley and other sorts of crops are called broad scale beds.They should be planted near big trees, they need somewhat large space for growing and producing grains.
Vegetables to Grow In Spring
Raised beds are used for growing various types of vegetables, herbs, and fruits in garden or in front yard of the property. You can grow almost anything outside that can be planted and harvested during spring time. For raised bed gardening you need to use high quality soil and enclose in in wide containment unit, which should be between 3 to 9 inches wide. Some vegetables need more space to grow, you need to buy the container according to size of crop they would produce. The common material used for DIY vegetable garden beds units are wood, concrete, rocks, bricks, and stones.
Wooden containers and boxes can also be used for growing vegetables in raised gardening beds. You have to keep the soil above the height of the surrounding soil (just in case there are crops growing around) and make sure that soil you use is very rich in CO.
Here are ten vegetables you can grow in summer to start your gardening outdoor.
- Carrots (red, purple, yellow or orange)
- Egg Plant
Fruits to Grow In Garden Beds during Spring
You can plant and grow delicious fruits in garden bed with ease.There are some fruits that are planted in spring. Here are ten easy ones that you can grow in your fruit garden.
DIY Recycled Wine Bottle Vegetable Garden Bed
Image Source: Funky Garden space
Concrete Checkered Garden Bed for Low-lying flower Blooms
Wooden Garden Bed Butterflies for Lavender Lilies
DIY Rustic Log Bed for Gardening
Image Source: Raised Garden Beds
Brick Border Raised Vegetable Garden Bed
Rustic Tree Truck Garden Bed
Image Source: Flower Gardening
DIY China Plates Gardening Borders
Image Source: DIY border for Gardens
Galvanized Raised Beds
Wicker/Rattan Baskets Garden Bed Ideas
DIY Raised Beds with Wooden Benches
DIY Metal Raised beds
DIY Wooden Garden Bed with Fountain